Monday 10 May 2010

The 9 Object Narrative




As part of my teaching over the last few years I have employed a technique for creative storytelling that requires students to produce artwork using only 9 objects (and nothing else) to tell a story. I supply the 9 objects and the students usually have about 30 minutes to develop their stories. This can be a single image or as multiple frames.

I would like viewers of this Blog to take up the challenge and create a narrative from this list of 9 Objects:

1. Green wire In-Tray

2. Box of CD-R80's

3. Magnifying Glass

4. Ball of String

5. Black door hinge

6. Yellow paperclip

7. Green spirit level

8. Depth Scale

9. Philippe Starck Lemon Squeezer

Send you contributions to k.foster@lcc.arts.ac.uk I will upload the results to this blog as they come in. I will be setting this challenge with 9 new objects several more times until the end of 2010. Have a go if you think you're hard enough!

Good luck.

Karl

No comments:

Post a Comment