Thursday 23 January 2014

The Folio Society and House of Illustration - The Book Illustration Competition 2014


Hello everyone

My first for 2014. I spend far too much time on Facebook pushing my activities on there. I'm happy to announce my entry into the The Folio Society and House of Illustration Book Illustration Competition 2014. The book this year is Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad. I had fun with the work and the themes contained within the book.

The competition asks you to submit 3 illustrations and a cover design concept by 10 January 2014. Top prize of £5000 and your Heart of Darkness illustrations in the book published by the Folio Society. Winners are announced in September. News when I have it. I won't publish the images just yet suffice to say I'm working on the extra 6 images that are needed in case I do win. Whatever the outcome I now have some new work to compliment the work I produced for my MA Visual Arts course.

I intend to produce a moving image piece inspired by Heart of Darkness also so watch out for that appearing on Vimeo in May 2014.

Karl

No comments:

Post a Comment